Camp Schedules/Health Guidelines
Summer Institute Daily Student Schedule 8am-12pm
Health screening and student drop off
Academic Math Block
- 10 minute break
Academic ELA Block
- 10 minute break
Elective Choice Block
Summer Insititute ends for the day. Students are picked up or transition into SJS Summer Camp for afternoon. (There is an addtional fee and registration for SJS Summer Camp.)
Daily Summer Insititute schedules are subject to change depending on available activities or any corresponding changes in LA county health guidelines.
SJS Summer Camp Daily Student Schedule 12pm-4pm
Health screening and student drop off for those students that did not attend Summer Insititute in the morning. (There is an addtional fee and registration for Summer Institute.)
Lunch break and free outside play.
Thematic art activity. May be held outdoor or indoor depending on project.
Outside organized play activity.
Thematic activity or open play to finish crafts/projects from the day.
SJS Summer Camp ends for the day. Students pack up and are picked up for the day.
Daily schedule and weekly Summer Camp themes are subject to change depending on weather, available activities or any corresponding changes in LA county health guidelines.
Summer Institute/Summer Camp COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines
1. Staff & Camper Daily Screening
- Staff and all campers complete a daily heath screening and temperature check before being admitted to camp each day.
- Campers and staff that present with symptoms of infectious illness during the day will be sent home and asked to consult with their healthcare provider to determine if COVID-19 testing is recommended.
2. Masks and Distancing
- All campers and staff wear masks at camp (except when eating or drinking); SJS Summer Camps will provide extra masks for staff and campers as needed.
- All individuals, campers and staff maintain a minimum of six feet social distancing except when providing appropriate support or supervision.
3. Contact Reduction/Indoor/Outdoor/Electronics Use
- All campers must bring their own snacks, water bottle and lunch to camp. (Lunch period is part of afternoon program only).
- Summer Campers will spend most time outside with limited to no use of electronics. Summer Insititute students will be more indoors and may include instruction or activities with a school provided device. The device will be designated to a specific student with no device sharing permitted.
4. Handwashing and Sanitizing
- Campers and staff practice frequent handwashing/sanitizing before and after snacks or lunch period, between Summer Insititute class rotations, after certain camp activities, and after restroom breaks.
- Staff will sanitize high-touch surfaces for indoor and outdoor classrooms between use by each group or student.
- When supplies must be used by multiple groups, they will be disinfected between each group's use.