School Newsletter Archive
Dear St. James Families,
Happy New Year from the faculty and staff to all our SJS families! It is an exciting return to school today!
- NEW lunch tables have been purchased for our students in response to both school and parish surveys that plant improvements were a priority for our families. A vast majority of families identified tables as a critical need for our students. A big THANK YOU to the parents who came to assemble tables over the break: Zimmerman, Narvaez, Milligan, Bennet, Schiappa-Gobee, Raad, Cabotaje, Rawlins, Gobee, Stokes and Poeta families.
- NEW BenQ Boards have been installed over break and are in use in all classrooms. These large, interactive display boards have replaced the outdated TV screens and document cameras. We look forward to introducing this new classroom technology to families at our upcoming Open House at the end of January. A very huge THANK YOU to the St. James School Education Foundation, the Foundation Board and your donations to the Foundation that enabled the purchase of BenQ Interactive Boards for the classrooms. Your donations to the SJSEF create a legacy of ongoing improvements for all St. James students.
Invite all friends and neighbors to our Open House on Tuesday, January 31st!
We are pleased to announce we are adding a school counselor to SJS. We have met with OutReach Concern, an organization that provides counselors to schools and are looking forward to adding their experience in counseling to our student support offerings. Beginning January 10, Stephanie Buckley, will be joining our school community as a counselor for students. All parents are invited to attend a Zoom meeting to meet our new school counselor.
Join Zoom Meeting
SCRIP update: New Year is here! Still time to meet your SCRIP profit goals. Need to know your families contribution balance? Email Mrs. Watanabe to get your current SCRIP totals. NEW: McDonalds SCRIP is available in the school office for $10/$25 denominations.
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS’S WEEK: Sunday, January 29 - Friday, February, 3
- Tuesday, January 31st: School Mass at 9:20a
- Tuesday, January 31st: Open House 5:30 - 7:00p
- Wednesday, February 1st: Family Lunch
- Come join your student during our extended lunch period beginning at 12:40p (no Choicelunch).
Student Council Piccini Fundraiser: On Tuesday, January 10th order take out (pizza!) from Piccini restaurant, mention our school and Piccini will donate 20% back. See flyer below for more information.
Bricks 4 Kids Afterschool Program: New session begins next week. See flyer below for more information.
South High School Drill Clinic: South High is having a fun drill clinic open to all grades K-8. See flyer below for more information.
- Thursday, January 5th: Zoom meeting introducing new school counselor, 6pm.
- Tuesday, January 10: Piccini Fundraiser
- Thursday, January 12: 5th Grade bake sale
- Friday, January 13: NO SCHOOL/ Teacher inservice
- Monday, January 16: NO SCHOOL/ Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Thursday, January 19: Science Fair
ST. JAMES STUDENT COUNCIL FUNDRAISER!